Senior Quantity Surveyor
LMH Engineering Ltd are market leaders in the area of High-Tech Construction and Engineering in Ireland.
With our Wicklow HQ and manufacturing facility and continuous european expansion, we are a fast growing and diversifying company.
We are currently looking for Senior Quantity Surveyors who will be responsible for managing the surveying function of their allocated projects for the company.
Why Work for LMH Engineering?
- Be part of a motivated and energetic workforce whilst working closely with senior management.
- Career advancement, due to the expanding nature of LMH Engineering, there is an opportunity to work in a variety of areas across the business and be exposed to new career opportunities.
- Competitive salary.
- Direct exposure to international business development within the construction industry with possibility of travel if required by the role.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage/monitor all commercial aspects of projects.
- Pricing and assessment of variations and contract entitlement negotiation.
- Subcontract administration.
- Liaising with all parties from initial enquiries through to final accounts.
- Actively work with Project Managers relating to contract variations.
- Identify areas of risk/scope and develop with the project team.
- Manage take off Bill of Quants (BoQ).
- Produce control document when project secured.
- Review proposals with Designers and select/agree subcontractor enquiry.
- Lead procurement of subcontract works packages.
- Organise and chair subcontract settlements.
- Provide support in respect to legal/contract issues associated with the project.
- Attend post tender/pre-qual interviews and report accordingly.
- Input to the supply chain/preferred suppliers for constructional elements in conjunction with the project teams for subcontractors/suppliers.
Key Requirements of the role include:
- Strong computer skills required, for example; Microsoft packages (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and Google Packages (Gmail, Google Drive, Google Docs).
- Have excellent interpersonal, written and spoken communication skills.
- Proven track record of ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritise deadlines using one own initiative.
- Ability to take a professional, organised and positive approach to problem solving.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Professional qualification.
- Experience of the business.
- Must have experience with steelwork, and bespoke elements, along with having practical knowledge, past hands on experience desirable ie trade background.
LMH Engineering is an Equal Opportunities Employer
- Quantity Surveying: 4 years (desired).
- Working with contractors: 3 years (desired).